Fair Usage Policy
Nuetel’s Fair Use Policy (FUP), was introduced to make sure all customers get fast and reliable Internet services and to give customers control over their access speeds and monthly payments.
This Fair Usage Policy (“Policy”) specifies the conditions of internet usage limitation by Nuetel Communications S.P.C. (Nuetel) to its subscribers in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Nuetel used this policy and give the meaning to it in Nuetel General Terms and Conditions published on Nuetel’s website, and the following terms and expressions shall have the following meanings:
- Hard Cap: The scenario when the access to the internet service is disconnected at the full consumption of the Data Allowance
- Throttle: The scenario when the access speed to the internet service is degraded due to the full consumption of the Data Allowance.
- Pay Per Use: The scenario when a fixed tariff per incremental usage unit of internet service is applied in the following events:
- no Data Allowance Subscription; or
- full consumption of the Data Allowance
- Data Allowance: Either the Bundle or Add-On/Data Top-Up
- Bundle: The limited internet volume associated with the Subscription in accordance with the Agreement
- Add-On/Data Top-Up: The additional limited internet volume subscription other than the bundle which shall resume the normal subscription in the events of Hard Cap or Throttle
- Unlimited: The access to the internet service is provided without any volume limitation.
- Unlimited with fair usage cap: The access to the internet is throttled at reaching excessive predefined data usage cap.
- Commercial Scenarios
The standard product design of Nuetel’s internet Service shall have one of the following defined scenarios for data usage:
- Hard Cap;
- Throttle; or
- Pay Per Use
For the avoidance of doubt, the above mentioned scenarios are commercial designs of the subscription and they are not limited or linked to the technical traffic management measures.
- Technical Traffic Management Measures
Nuetel has the right to implement traffic management measures in accordance with the Traffic Management and Pricing Practices Guide lines issued by the Authority and any other relevant legal instrument issued in accordance with the laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Illegal use
Nuetel’s internet network may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation of the Kingdom of Bahrain is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, pornographic, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws. Nuetel has the right, in its reasonable opinion, to take such action as necessary, including but not limited to: blocking, suspension or termination of the subscriber’s services, relative to any material that in Nuetel’s sole judgment violates this Policy or any law and regulation of the Kingdom of Bahrain. Nuetel is not responsible nor will Nuetel be liable for the removal of, failure or delay in removing any such material.
- Modification of the Policy
Nuetel reserves the right to modify this Policy at any time in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Kingdom of Bahrain.