Terms & Conditions
Introduction to Nuetel
Nuetel is a national triple play telecommunications operator in Bahrain with regional infrastructure and alliances. Thanks to our fully converged IP architecture and the selective use of fiber, copper and wireless network. Nuetel is optimizing the delivery of converged services including Voice, Internet and TV over a single broadband connection.
These intelligent utilities are all managed from a core Network Operation Centre at Amwaj Islands.
The purpose of this Code of Practice is to inform you about our products, services, the manner in which to contact us and customer care policies. This Code of Practice has been prepared in accordance with the Telecom Law and the Guidelines published by the Telecommunication Regulatory Authority, Kingdom of Bahrain (“TRA”) which can be accessed by customers by visiting Nuetel’s website at www.nue-tel.com or alternatively contact us on 16033000.
How to Contact Nuetel
Telephone: +973 160 33 000
Mail: P.O. Box 50960, Amwaj Island, Bahrain
Nuetel’s call center is available for customer queries on the following (24 hours a day/7
days a week) on:
- Products and services
- Information about customers’ account and/or service orders
- Services upgrade to existing
- Number Portability
- Updates of personal information
- Bill payments
Nuetel Products and Services Portfolio
Nuetel has a wide range of products and services which are outlined below:
- Internet Services
- Telephony Services
- Cloud Services
- IPTV Services
- Value Added Services
Customers can apply to any of Nuetel’s services by completing the relevant application form. When applying for a Nuetel service, customers will need to provide the following information and documentation:
- Original CPR of the customer/owner. National ID cards of GCC nationals are
- Original CPR of the Applicant
- A copy of a valid Commercial Registration (for Business customers only)
- A deposit or a Business guarantee letter (for non-Bahraini customers only), and
- Customers’ contact telephone number, mobile number, email and address
Nuetel main office at Amwaj Islands is welcome to contact all the customers and subscribers if needed an advice, information, or assistance with any matter including general information, accounts, payments, complaints and sales. You may contact us using the following channels:
- Call Centre: Tel. 16033000
- Email: email@example.com
- WhatsApp Chat: Contact us via whatsapp 24/7 on 16033000
- Mailing Address: NOC Building 2420, Road 5718 Block 257, Amwaj Island -Kingdom of Bahrain
- Store Location: Amwaj Island – NOC Building / Timing: Sunday to Thursday
from 08:00 to 16:30
Service Disconnection and Termination
All Nuetel’s customers are may cancel, terminate or suspend any service provided from Nuetel; by visiting Nuetel’s main office at Amwaj Islands – NOC Building to fill and sign the relevant Application Form. At this stage Nuetel will then proceed with the disconnection order as per the customer notification to cancel his/or service. Thus, Nuetel will issue a last bill for the customer up to date of the cancellation request comprising any due charges/subscription fees in addition to the applicable termination fees.
Keep in mind that international call charges might occur after the cancellation date due to the international calls agreements, Nuetel will notify you of any applicable charges by issuing a new bill containing all international charges that occur after cancellation date.
The bills are generated either on 1st, 31st or 30th of each month with 28 days to make a payment. You will receive two payment reminders if the payment is not yet made. If you fail to make the payment by the due date; the service in question will be disconnected by Nuetel. And if the payment is not made for two consecutive months, your account will be automatically terminated due to non-payment. Customers may contact Nuetel’s Call Centre on +973 16033000 or alternatively, visit www.nue-tel.com for any assistance or support regarding bill payment.
To reconnect your interrupted services, all you will need to do is to make a payment equivalent to your overdue bill amount. Once payment is made, Nuetel shall restore your services within one (1) working day. The reconnection fee of BD10 might be applied once the service is restored. The reconnection fee will be included in your next month bill.
Billing and Payment Methods
Your bill will be sent to you by email. A printed copy containing summary bill will be available only upon your request at BHD 0.900. Nuetel provides many payment methods which you can use. You can pay your bills by using the following methods:
- Online through Nuetel’s website: You can make your payment through Quick Pay service. We accept VISA credit cards, MasterCard, Amex and Debit cards from all leading banks.
- By visiting Nuetel’s office: You can make your payment using cash or payment machine.
- SADAD Machines: Access any SADAD Self Service Machines conveniently located across the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Nuetel’s may ask you to pay a deposit amount upon signing the agreements for certain services. However, Nuetel’s reserves the right to revise the deposit amount whenever required.
Nuetel’s subscriptions should have a complaint about Nuetel service, please follow the complaint-handling process as outlined in the following stages:
1.Initial contact by complainant: Contact Nuetel Customer Care and Service Centre on +973 16033000 or visit the main office at Amwaj Islands to discuss your complaint with our Customer Service Representative during the business hours
as specified under Customer Inquiries section. Accordingly, you will be asked about the nature of your complaint and the advisor will seek to resolve the problem. However, if your complaint is not resolved, our Customer Service Representative will inform you about the actions to be taken and a case email ticket will be logged on the system.
Additionally, you may submit your complaint:
- Nuetel’s Customer Care is available on +973 160 33 000
- Mailing us on P.O.Box 50960 Amwaj Island, Bahrain
- Fax to +973 160 33 001
- E-mail to Nuetel’s Customer Care at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit Nuetel’s office located at Amwaj Island, NOC Building
2.Acknowledgement of the complaint: Once the complaint is logged, you will be notified within (2) days about the expected resolution timeframe below:
- Billing: (5) working days
- Standard Subscriber Agreement: (10) working days
- Number Portability: (2) working days
- Prices and Tariffs: (10) working days
- Quality of Service: (10) working days
- Other: (10) working days
- Fraud or Theft: Shortest time possible, provided that where the complainant requests disconnection of the service to stop any abuse then that request shall be addressed immediately and must not to exceed (1) working day
3. Investigation of the complaint and notification of outcome: The ticket will be investigated and you will be notified of the resolution once your issue is resolved. You will be also kept informed at regular intervals of the progress of the complaint to investigate and resolve the complaint within the expected resolution timeframe as stated above.
4. Internal escalation: The ticket will be escalated internally to Nuetel’s Customer Service and Care management team. And if you are not satisfied with the resolution provided. The target time for a response to a customer on an escalated
case will not exceed two (2) working days.
5. If for any reason, Nuetel are not able to resolve your issue within the communicated resolution timeframe, you will be notified accordingly.
6. External escalation: If you are not satisfied with the resolution, you have the right to contact Telecommunication Regularity Authority on (www.tra.org.bh). Nuetel will provide the contact details on the Complaints Escalation Process
section at Nuetel’s Code of Practice.
Complaints Escalation Process
- Internal escalation: As stated on Complaints section, if you are not satisfied with the resolution provided, the ticket will be escalated internally with the target time with an expected resolution time of 2 working days. You will be notified of the new expected resolution time and will be contacted by one of Nuetel’s customer care or service representatives.
- External escalation: You may escalate a complaint to the TRA after (60) days period has lapsed since the initial submission of the complaint where both parties have failed to reach a resolution to the dispute for whatever reason(s). You may also escalate a complaint to the TRA before the expiration of (60) days period if a resolution is provided, inclusive of the outcome of the internal escalation that is not up to the customer's satisfactory.
The Telecommunications Regulatory Authority contact details are:
Telecommunications Regulatory Authority
P.O.Box 10353 Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain
5th Floor, Building No. 852, Road No. 3618, Seef 436
Fax: +973 17532523
- Nuetel will retains records of all complaints for a period of one (1) year.
Quality of Service
Nuetel strives to offer customers an excellent quality of service on a 24/7 basis in accordance with the provisions of the Quality of Service Regulation issued by the TRA. Should any interruption or breakdown occur in the provisioned services, Nuetel will notify the customers impacted and will immediately take necessary steps to remedy such interruption or breakdown and improve the quality of the affected service as soon as acceptably possible, after it becomes aware of the occurrence.
All of Nuetel services are available 24 hours every day and are consistently monitored by automated programs and skilled engineers. Nuetel does not guarantee that the services will be available in all areas of the country with the same quality at all times. Thus nuetel does not guarantee that the services will be free of interruptions or interferences that could occur as a result of factors beyond our control. In addition, Nuetel Back up is built into all products and services prior to their release
to our customers. All planned maintenance and service upgrades are scheduled where possible for completion outside of normal business hours.
Approval and Review of this Code
This Code is being reviewed by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of the Kingdom of Bahrain. We aim to keep this Code of Practice up to date and you may obtain a copy from our customer service representatives or visit our website. It is essential that our customers understand, at the point of registration, the service being offered and agreement they are entering into. Hence, reading the terms and conditions thoroughly will avoid any unnecessary inconvenience or escalation of a complaint to a dispute. If you have any questions regarding Nuetel’s compliance with our Code of Practice, please contact us on email: email@example.com
Nuetel’s Fair Use Policy (FUP), was introduced to make sure all customers get fast and reliable Internet services and to give customers control over their access speeds and monthly payments.
This Fair Usage Policy (“Policy”) specifies the conditions of internet usage limitation by Nuetel Communications S.P.C. (Nuetel) to its subscribers in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Nuetel used this policy and give the meaning to it in Nuetel General Terms and Conditions published on Nuetel’s website, and the following terms and expressions shall have the following meanings:
- Throttle: The scenario when the access speed to the internet service is degraded due to the full consumption of the Data Allowance.
- Pay Per Use: The scenario when a fixed tariff per incremental usage unit of internet service is applied in the following events:
- No Data Allowance Subscription
- Full consumption of the Data Allowance
- Data Allowance: Either the Bundle or Add-On/Data Top-Up
- Bundle: The limited internet volume associated with the Subscription in accordance with the Agreement
- Add-On/Data Top-Up: The additional limited internet volume subscription other than the bundle which shall resume the normal subscription in the events of Throttle
- Unlimited: The access to the internet service is provided without any volume limitation.
Technical Traffic Management Measures
Nuetel has the right to implement traffic management measures in accordance with the Traffic Management and Pricing Practices Guide lines issued by the Authority and any other relevant legal instrument issued in accordance with the laws of the Kingdom of Bahrain.
The standard product design of Nuetel’s Internet Service shall have one of the following defined scenarios for data usage:
- Throttle; or
- Pay Per Use
For the avoidance of doubt, the above mentioned scenarios are commercial designs of the subscription.
Nuetel’s internet network may only be used for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation of the Kingdom of Bahrain is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, pornographic, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws. Nuetel has the right, in its reasonable opinion, to take such action as necessary, including but not limited to: blocking, suspension or termination of the subscriber’s services, relative to any material that in Nuetel’s sole judgment violates this Policy or any law and regulation of the Kingdom of Bahrain. Nuetel is not responsible nor will Nuetel be liable for the removal of, failure or delay in removing any such material.
Approval and Review of this Code
This Fair Usage Policy is being reviewed by the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority of the Kingdom of Bahrain. Nuetel reserves the right to modify this Policy after the approval from the Telecommunications Regulatory Authority with no later than six (6) months after the publication of the Regulation.